Armeewyf

1 Thread per registered User.

Armeewyf

Postby armeewyf » March 2nd, 2007, 9:25 pm

I am back--trying to get into the restart MF groove. The short version of my saga is this. February 2003, shortly before having a baby I had ballooned to 340-something. I got down to 310 in 12 weeks or so, really not doing much. Husband left for Iraq 3 days after the baby came, had sciatica problems from the weight gain/baby. Not a lot that my post-partum self really cared about. Over the next 9 months I did low carb. It worked and I got down another 50 lbs. Husband came home after being gone 15 mos and the routine of going out to eat started again and so the weight started to creep back. At the same time, I had stomach problems and had to have my gallbladder removed. My MD suggested I try something else. I had started back on low carb, lost 15 lbs or so and for 6 weeks had gotten nowhere. My MD felt that my body wasn't reacting to low carb anymore, that it was accustomed to it. I should add that she was totally against MF. I should also add that she is pencil thin and had lost a LOT (30 lbs) on LA Weight loss. She needed a reality check, I thought. I started MF the end of March 2005. My official start weight was someplace near 280. By December I was down to 211. I think thats the lowest I got that year. The year 2006, I was on/off/on/off the program. I was never over 225 and was as low as 205. That was in September. I know MF works. I did it in the 80s when it was 6 shakes only. The 2000's version is so much easier.

I am on re-start. I got tough and started again in October. Had female problems, had surgery, off MF. Still only to 226 just after Xmas. Restarted in January, got sick with pneumonia. Bad reaction to the medicine they gave me-found I am allergic to codeine. Off MF again. Started again 10 days or so ago. Did well for 5 days, 2 birthday parties, work stress, off diet for 2 days.

LAST RE-START was Sunday. I have been soooooo good. I have not been drinking as much water as I should but I am following the program as far as the 5/1 goes. I have to be careful with how much I drink on days I work as I am on the road a lot.

I realize this may be a boring first JOURNAL post but I am glad to see this added feature. This site helped me a lot before. I read a very inspirational testimony on one of the STARS of MF 2006. She lost 62 lbs in less than 4 mos. She actually started weighing 215, a little less than me.

I want this to be my last re-start. I think last year, being off and on MF I am having a hard time breaking that routine. I have been heavy all my life. I have not been less than 200 since late 1980's. Unfortunately I have spent most of my time being close to 280. Lost 50 lbs on this or that diet, go off and here it comes again. You can see why 220 is acceptable to me. Or I should say it WAS, last year.

I want to also add that I am so unhappy with my flab. Although I have always been heavy, the baby weight I gained really shot up fast-I believe thats the majority of the sag. I turned 41 last year, and for the 1st time EVER I think the sagging skin on my face makes me look it. I welcome advise, comments, anything to help on this.

My goal is 180. I want to get to this point so bad. I didn't get weighed Sunday. Yesterday I weighed 228. So, that means I want to lose 48 lbs.....I am hoping to post to this everyday. If anyone reads this, thanks for struggling through. Its a good place to get the thoughts out.

1st GOAL IS:
4/1: 210
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 2nd, 2007, 10:56 pm

Welcome back AW,
:wave:
You'll do it this time and we'll help you keep it off....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby katieb920 » March 3rd, 2007, 1:12 pm

Welcome Back We are all here for you. If you need anything just ask.
Katie
Katie
katieb920

Postby armeewyf » March 3rd, 2007, 6:59 pm

Thanks for the encouragement! I have done well today. I am trying to not drink so much diet coke so I have a caffeine-deprived headache tonight!

Today I drank all of the water I intended to--thats a MAJOR accomplishment for me.

I have had a pudding, RTD, oatmeal, RTD, my 5/1 and will prob have another pudding later. I am just proud that I drank a lot of water. I have a hard time with that :)

I am pondering whether to do the full program or keep with the 5/1. I am going on a cruise mid April and would really like to get to a decent loss by the time I go. Comments on this are appreciated 8)
armeewyf

Postby bikipatra » March 3rd, 2007, 8:25 pm

Welcome back and the best of luck. Keep on drinking that water!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DonicaB » March 4th, 2007, 6:55 am

Welcome back. I remember you from 2005. I think we started about the same time then.

Most people feel that they lose just as quickly with the 5+1. I have always done the 5+1 because I really enjoy the L&G. It is so nice to sit down to dinner with my family and enjoy a meal.

I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you.......all the way to the end.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby katieb920 » March 4th, 2007, 8:00 am

My suggestion is if you are going to do the Complete Plan Make sure your doctor is notified.
Katie
Welcome back.
Katie
katieb920

Return to My Journal