Aquarianskye

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby rodeomom » November 5th, 2007, 2:06 pm

Sometimes people just need to do what is best for them. I would rather see her take a complete break from the program than to continue to cheat her way through it. That is a complete waste of time and MONEY. Sure - it may be hard for her to get back on, but consider this... Maybe the time off will be just what she needs to renew her resolve to finish what she started.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » November 5th, 2007, 3:04 pm

Maybe the time off will be just what she needs to renew her resolve to finish what she started.

Yeah, maybe, but more likely, maybe not. Either way, I can't sit back and let it happen without any comment about the struggle she's likely to have and about the truth that more often than not, success is much less likely to occur. Keeping those facts from surfacing because we just want to be nice doesn't help anyone.

I should add that not only was I surprised that no one said anything, I was discouraged because until now, someone has always jumped in and tried to keep it real instead of rubber stamping approval - and that's what it is when we don't point out the danger - approval.

Waiver: This is JMHO.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » November 5th, 2007, 4:29 pm

When I was still MF'ing I didn't need anyone's approval. I made that clear in my oh so subtle way very early on. I never found it hard to get back on plan until the very end when I was dealing with bulimia. Before that I was never off plan for more than the time it took to eat a sammich. What I can attest to is that once you have gone off plan once, and you hop right on 20 minutes later, it makes it oh so much easier to slip again-planned or not. In my experience, you don't learn from the mistake as we are always saying and never do it again. What you learn is hey, that wasn't so bad... I thoroughly believe I will reach goal but if I had never stepped off plan I believe it would have been months ago. Eating off plan makes that scale yo-yo and stall long after the original sin.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Hopebaby » November 11th, 2007, 3:49 pm

Hey Skye - I just stopped by to say hey! I hope you are having a great visit with your family and will stop by and tell us all about it when you can!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby rodeomom » November 11th, 2007, 6:58 pm

Miss You :(
rodeomom

Postby lifelovinaries » November 11th, 2007, 7:53 pm

This may be coming a little late but i wanted to address what jo pointed out. I think everyone made good points. It wasn't a matter of us not "keeping it real" with skye, it was more a matter of skye already knowing what she was going to do. She was keeping it real with herself. I think we all get to a point when we know that there has to be NOTHING BUT MF for ourselves. Each individual knows when that point is. Apparently, she was not yet of the mindset to adjust her diet around outside forces (family visiting, etc.) Jo, this is not an attack on you so please don't take it that way but i think you definitely fall under that "results not typical" thing. Honestly, that's a good thing. Many of us lack that amount of discipline (ie, your cruise). Yes, it is extremely hard being a restarter or a re-restarter. Im sure that skye has read ALL of those things here on the forum. She honestly won't know exactly HOW hard until she experiences it (take it from a re re re re...restarter) Thank God that restarting is always an option. It may be harder, but it is still an option. Maybe for skye, trying to stay on plan during her visit was going to be more stressful than the prospect of starting again with a different mindset. Maybe a more prepared, more desperate mindset. Either way skye, we all wish you luck. We hope you are enjoying your parents visit and good luck with your restart!! We will be waiting for you.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » November 13th, 2007, 9:28 am

Hey, don't worry Erica, I have very thick skin (and way too much of it, hehe).

I must disagree with you about your statement that "skye already knowing what she was going to do", though. She said what she was going to do, but until you actually do something, there's always a chance that something someone says will influence you to rethink. So not saying something just because she said she was going to eat off plan is not a good reason to keep quiet, IMHO. We never know what word or phrase or comment will influence us until it has been said......so I said it, maybe too late for her, but just possibly on time for someone else reading this.

Sorry, to hijack the journal, skye, if you're still out there. Hope your visit went well.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » November 13th, 2007, 9:35 am

Oh, and by the way.........Results CAN be typical :mrgreen:
jo
Serendipity

Postby lifelovinaries » November 13th, 2007, 4:14 pm

Well i can only hope that my results are as typical as yours!!! :D Yeah, i'm sorry too skye!!! but with all the excitement going around on this board recently, anything is to be expected!!

lifelovinaries

Postby aquarianskye » November 15th, 2007, 8:38 am

Hello all! I'm back. Family frenzy is over. House was clean yesterday. I won't go into all the gory details of the p's visit. Just let me say it was awesome. I had my first nsv as soon as I picked them up from the airport. My mom hugged and hugged on me and then it was dads turn. He stepped back from me and just said "DAMN". We got in the car cause I was in an 'active stopping/unloading only" area and he asks, 'where'd the rest of you go?" Mind you, I haven't talked to dad about the whole dieting thing before this, just mom on the phone cause we're both dieting.

So, I got what I wanted. And of course later in the week I had to ask him, did mom tell you to be nice?

We've had a few emotional days at my house since they left. Kids have cried and fought almost continually since p's left. UGH. I mean, I knew it would be bad but my kids are convinced that grams and graps should just move in with us.

Now, what I'm sure you've all been waiting for...yes, I gained weight (changed my ticker), and yes, I enjoyed the food. I really don't want to fight about it. For me this way of life is not an all or nothing decision. When I began again I committed to two weeks. That was at the end of August. I do what I can but I'm not going to punish myself for my choices either.

That said, I haven't posted until now because there seemed to be a lot of drama going on here. I checked in once during my vacation and then again on Tuesday and I, for my own sanity, decided I needed to step back.

So, back to life again. I'm going to check in but don't be surprised if there isn't a lot of posting going on. I can't deal with everyone thinking I'm a failure because I didn't do the plan as written. I'm working it how it works for me. Said and done.

Thanks to those of you who have given me support when I needed it. I really do appreciate it. And one day I will make my goal of 170. It just might take me longer to get there. I'm not going 'home' until next summer so I've got time.
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Tawanda » November 15th, 2007, 8:57 am

Congratulations on the great NSV from your dad. :D

I'm glad you are back and look forward to your posts. I believe that everyone wrote in your journal in the hopes of encouragement and not in condemnation for any decision. Many, myself included, have been here for long enough to see people fall off of plan and have a horrible time getting back onto it.......some never seem to be able to get going again. I think many of us try to warn others that going off program is often times some thing that people wish they hadn't done after they did it. I hope that makes some sense and I believe that you understood that it wasn't nastiness, but rather it was concern, that everyone wrote their feelings out.

:hug: to you
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » November 15th, 2007, 9:17 am

So glad you're back and I get turned off by the drama even when I am not a part of it. I think sometimes we try so hard to be so encouraging on the board the pendulum swings the opposite direction till we find our balance as a group again. We are all just sick people trying to get well and some are sicker than others. But we have to embrace everyone. Congrats on your NSV and welcome back. :-P
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby rodeomom » November 15th, 2007, 11:52 am

You are not now and never were a failure in any way! You did the right thing by stepping back and re-evaluating what was going on in your life. Now, you are prepared and ready to move on. GOOD FOR YOU!
rodeomom

Postby lifelovinaries » November 15th, 2007, 6:19 pm

aquarianskye wrote: I can't deal with everyone thinking I'm a failure because I didn't do the plan as written. I'm working it how it works for me. Said and done.

You've lost 63 pounds skye...NOTHING ABOUT THAT SAYS 'FAILURE'. I think the forum tends to get a little excited based upon their OWN experiences with the program and in their attempt to encourage, sometimes come across too strong. Many of us are like children, you can tell us of your experience and give advice but at the same time we may need to experience whatever ourselves for "proof". The drama here has been a turn off but don't let it discourage you about the program. We will still be here when you need us. Glad to hear that you and the family enjoyed the p's visit. Take care. :hug:

lifelovinaries

Postby Serendipity » November 17th, 2007, 7:30 am

I can't deal with everyone thinking I'm a failure because I didn't do the plan as written.

I never thought or said that....just to keep the record straight. I was just voicing my opinion....isn't that what a forum is for?
jo
Serendipity

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal