Anybody been to DisneyWorld?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Anybody been to DisneyWorld?

Postby nickieluv » August 14th, 2008, 12:05 pm

We are looking into a trip there either February or April (we nixed the cruise idea for now) and I was wondering if anyone has gone and gotten the dining plan thing. Was it worth the money and easy to use? I hate to get it when I might not even use it, being on-plan still by that time (although to be honest I might just go off for vacation, and just not go nuts) but I suppose if I did stay on-plan, the rest of the family could use my meals and I could drop down a plan level and save a little money.

Well, anyway, I run on at the mouth as usual - has anyone used the dining plan at Disney and was it worth the money/convenient?
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lauradr » August 14th, 2008, 6:55 pm

I work for a company out of Orlando and go 2 times a year--have gone to Disney every time sense my granddaughter was born-we do the dinning plan because it is so worth it if you stay on the plan you have lots of good choices w/the seat down dinner-use the snacks for your water--Feb, is the best time to go the weather is great the crowds are not bad
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Mike » August 14th, 2008, 10:18 pm

Just returned...TSFL conference was there lat month.
Had a great time.. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » August 15th, 2008, 5:17 am

Thanks Laura and Mike - Laura, I sent you a PM with some follow-up questions. :D

We are so excited about this trip - we had it all booked to go last February, but then I had to go and get pregnant (yay!) so we cancelled. My stepson is a senior this year so it's really our last chance for a family vacation, because we anticipate not seeing him much at all once he goes off to college. He and my husband do all the thrill rides, and I get to go with the 3-year-old to the shows and little rides that are just my speed. Hopefully by the time we go I'm 'little' too - at least more so than I am now! 8)
nickieluv

Postby Lauren » August 15th, 2008, 6:11 am

Nickie, why oh why oh why would you consider going off for the vacation???? :-) I know, you didn't ask anyone's opinion on that part, you just want to know about the package, but I've never been shy! haha

You KNOW how hard it is to get back on. And it's not like you're going to some exotic far away place where you couldn't stay on plan even if you wanted to. It's Florida! You can eat veggies and lean protein and your MF meals, there's no issue. Every time I traveled (even to much more difficult locations), I just asked the hotel if they could make sure there was a mini-fridge in the room, or if they couldn't do a fridge, at least a coffee maker so I could make oatmeals. You can buy bottles of water EVERYWHERE, have a bar a day, it's all so easy. Why would you mess with something so easy?

Just my 2 cents which you didn't ask for, but alas, I can't help myself!

Cheers,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby nickieluv » August 15th, 2008, 6:54 am

Well, I hadn't decided this far in advance if I'm going to stay on or go off. And if I went off, I'd have to be darn sure about it.

If we go in February I don't think I'll go off - I would be into like day 90 of my second 100 days and how sucky would that be to have to start all over then? But if we go in April, if I'm really close to goal, I don't know, I might take a break.

Yes, I remember how hard it was to get back from my breaks every time I took them. It's not a decision I'm going to make now or even spend too much time thinking about - but since you have to pay in advance for this meal plan and you can't add it on later, I'm forced to consider my options! :D
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » August 15th, 2008, 6:58 am

I just got a PM from Laura with more info and she says there are L&G options at the restaurants there. So I can have both - get the meal plan and not waste it, and stay on plan - just do a 4&2 for the week. I like that idea - feel like a vacation, feel like I'm 'off the diet,' but really I'm not. Well, technically, I would be, since a 4&2 is not the 'real' plan, but you know what I mean, right?
nickieluv

Return to What's Shakin'