Any Hyster-Sisters out there?

Questions/Comments about Women's Health Products.

Any Hyster-Sisters out there?

Postby beeah_b » October 1st, 2006, 2:50 pm

I am having my hysterectomy on 10/25/06 and was wondering if any of you gals have gone through the experience?
Mine is due to enlarged uterus chock full "o" fibroids. Have to have the abdominal procedure due to size of the uterus.
Any advice or sharing of your experiences would be most appreciated.
I am pretty well informed on the medical aspects but am looking for anecdotal feedback. Thanks!
Going to restart Jun 2009, been gone since after surgery Oct06. Can't wait !
beeah_b
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby mama of 2 » October 1st, 2006, 3:42 pm

Hi beeah_b
I had mine done in 2001. I had endomedrosis and that went into adenomyois. It was like having labor pains. when ever it felt like it.

In my case it was the best thing to do. Plus no more periods. It was painful. But worth it.
We can do it.
mama of 2
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby mellowmom » October 1st, 2006, 9:11 pm

Had mine 11 years ago. It was pretty necessary, because I was diagnosed with uterine cancer....very, very early stage. Once I had the hyster I didn't even need to go on chemo or radiation.

Had the full abdominal surgery, so the recovery period was a good six weeks. Of course at 340 pounds back then... I was lucky I recovered at all. I felt terrific afterwards. Couldn't believe the difference in my energy level. Felt like a great cloud and been lifted off of me. Did not go through any type of accelerated menopause either.. no hot flashes, no sweats...just a great deal of relief.

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby beeah_b » October 2nd, 2006, 7:10 pm

Thanks mamaOf2 and mellowmom. I appreciate your comments. I am really looking forward for the surgery to over so I can get on the road to healing. Have not had surgery before. :pace:
beeah_b

Postby VickyJ » October 23rd, 2006, 3:48 pm

Hi Beeah

I had a full abdominal hysterectomy in October 2000. Same reason - a whole family of fibroid tumors (as my doctor described it after surgery) were causing serious complications (heavy bleeding, pain, anemia). The first 3 weeks after surgery were rough, but then I started feeling lots better.

Whatever you do, take it easy. Don't lift anything. Let others help you as much as possible. Even when you think you're rested, a couple of hours of sitting or light housekeeping will cause you a lot of discomfort.

All that being said, it was more than worth it! I have felt great ever since! The doctor put me on the Vivelle.dot patch immediately after surgery, and I have been using that without any complications whatsoever.

Good luck to you. I hope you recover quickly. Be sure to get lots of books, magazines and movies lined up. If you are going to be alone, ask someone to leave a cooler of water and some snacks nearby for you. Buy yourself a small pillow to hold against your stitches. The pressure helps. I assume from the subject line that you've already found hystersisters dot com, which was a very helpful website for me during and after surgery.

Vicky
VickyJ
Start Date: 7/8/06 166 Goal: 11/9/06 140

VickyJ
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby beeah_b » October 23rd, 2006, 8:50 pm

thank you VickyJ. yes, I have found hyster-sisters to be a great source of info. looking forward to getting my trip to the "castle" over with this week & to let the healing start. Wishing you continued sucess on Medifast! I really appreciate your comment!
beeah_b

Return to Women's Health