Another Return From The Past

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another Return From The Past

Postby Marseilles » February 9th, 2006, 8:33 am

Greetings, fellow MediFaster's! There are so many new people here I feel like everyone I once knew has moved on! Hello to all of you, your success is inspiring and your struggles help keep me real and did so even while I was on sabbatical.

I first started medifast almost two years ago, as you can see by my join date. Well, here I am, this much later, still needing and wanting to lose a substantial amount of weight. After taking pretty much a year off for a variety of no-good reasons, here I am. I am currently on day four and determined to make this the last time I start medifast.

Luckily, I have breezed through the first few days with no ill effects and I am once again starting to feel really great. Having done a lot of contemplating and introspection I can see clearly why I failed this program previously and will do what is required to keep it from happening again.

First of all and most importantly, I will not become a slave to the scale and let myself become disheartened. Actually, I no longer even have a scale in my home as when I got a new puppy (an adorable JRT) and was training him, he peed on it. I take that as a sign. Instead, this time, I have set out different goals for myself. Instead of concentrating on pounds lost I am making my first goal time related. I commit to staying on medifast for an initial period of ninety days. After that, I will go to my Dr. and have my weight taken there.

I have listed my starting size and my desired size below, I think that is a good place to start.

Also, after I am finished this post, I am going to send Unca a picture to put up in the studio. This is something I have never even considered doing before and I believe it will help me make myself accountable. Surprisingly, there is actually one of me to post, something that doesnt happen often!

At any rate, here I am back on the medifast wagon and looking forward to the journey. I look forward to getting to know the new people here and reacquainting myself with the people I knew previously.

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » February 9th, 2006, 8:57 am

Welcome back M!! It is always so heartening to see people return as this shows us newbies to quit looking and stick to program because apparently it works or you guys would not come back. I admire your restraint to "weight" 90 days to weigh I think I would go nuts but I have had to go to the Dr quite a bit lately and it is so nice to see that the scale keeps going downward!! I look forward to reading your posts and getting all the advice I can from you!!

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 9th, 2006, 9:50 am

Hi Marseilles and welcome back!!
:wave:

No need to tell you what to do, or that the plan works.
Get 'er done this time...

I especially like the omen from your puppy.....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Drama Queen » February 9th, 2006, 10:33 am

Welcome Back!!!

I look forward to seeing your picture and putting a face with the name. You can take a look at my befores already posted in the Studio. I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lizabette » February 9th, 2006, 10:55 am

Hi Marseilles,

So glad to meet you! It is great that you are coming back to something that you know works.

I am fairly new, just finishing my 4th week today with a 17 pound loss. So even though I am not there yet, I am reading and absorbing ways to maintain even before I reach goal, because I know I will get there in due time.

We all know this is a lifetime situation and there is no turning back to the old ways! Congratulations on coming back. I look forward to seeing you on the STUDIO. I am there, too, so let's get aquainted!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » February 9th, 2006, 10:55 am

Oh, boy!

Marseilles, I amreally happy to see that you are back at it and thanks for checking in! I know you can do it and with a new Jack Russell, you will be going for a lot of walks!

Woo hoo - looking forward to seeing less of you!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 9th, 2006, 12:56 pm

Welcome Back Marseilles!!! :wave:

I look forward to your posts!

I LOVED the dog and scale story!! Too funny!!!

Good Luck and Happy Shakin'!!!!!!
:goodluck:

Sue
:D
Start: 1/07/06
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.