Another question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another question

Postby Susan in TX » April 21st, 2005, 6:38 pm

I saw this info several places:
Notice that I put an *asterisk next Dr. Andersen’s comment about the Essential 1 meals. Allow me to explain this in more detail. The Essential 1 Chicken Breast, Beef Patties, Tuna and Chicken salads are all very lean protein portions. They are designed to be a part of the “Lean and Green” meal and not to be used as one of the 5 meal replacements.

In order for a meal to be considered complete, it must be nutritionally balanced to help maintain even glycemic levels. To make a meal using the Essential 1 products a complete meal, one must include a small salad PLUS one and one half cups of cooked vegetables. One packet of the Essential Tuna Salad when mixed into a small green salad and one and a half cups of steamed broccoli would be considered a complete meal.

My question is, if on the complete fast and I have my 5 supplements a day, would it not be ok to have one of these for my 6th..just for some variety? The tuna and chicken salad have about same calories and protein as the shakes, just less carbs.

Thanks!
Susan in TX

Postby raederle » April 21st, 2005, 6:49 pm

Welcome! You could add an Essential One protein plus salad/veggies as your 6th meal, but you would then be doing the lean & green, and not the full fast, by definition. If you're asking whether you can use just an Essential One chicken breast or burger patty in place of a shake as your 6th meal on full fast, full fasters MUST be under dr's care because you are simply ingesting too few calories to do the plan safely on your own. But I would point out that the Essential One meals do not have the same nutritional profile as the shakes (vitamins & minerals), so although they are similar in calories to the shakes, they are not equivalent. Full fasters should not consider an E-One protein a replacement for a shake or other MF meal supplement unless their dr tells them to do so.

Hope this helps!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.