Another New Shakester

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Another New Shakester

Postby Karen from CA » April 7th, 2005, 1:30 pm

Hi Everyone,
I just finished my 10th day of the 5-1 plan and I sure feel great. I have been reading the posts everyday, but I wanted to wait until I had good news before I chimed in. As of yesterday, I had only lost 2 pounds and I was feeling a bit discouraged (Yeah, I know, 2 pounds is good...BUT). Well, today I stepped on the scale and I lost 3 more. So, that means 5 pounds in 10 days. That's good enough news itself, but I have to also mention that I feel fantastic...My head seems clearer somehow, and I have tons of energy. I would like to lose 35 more pounds, so I am going to do my best to remind myself of exactly this feeling every time I start to draw near temptation. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and it is awfully nice to have such a supportive crowd since this endeavor isn't easy.
Karen from CA

Postby Guest » April 7th, 2005, 5:08 pm

5 Pounds Is WONDERFUL!!!! GREAT JOB!!! The other 35 pounds will come off in NO TIME just keep with the MF plan and you will do it!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! :-P

Postby 24KaratGold » April 7th, 2005, 5:39 pm

Welcome, Karen! Where in CA are you?
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 7th, 2005, 6:17 pm

Hi Karen - welcome and great job on the 5 pound loss! We have similar weight loss goals - my goal is 43 lbs. I started just about 3 months ago and as of the 11th week was down 29 pounds. Stick with it and you'll certainly see results!!!

I recommend you click on the link below and become a registered user of the site - this way you can set up a profile, send private messages, etc etc ... and ALSO participate in the Sunday morning roll call!

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/prof ... e=register

Hope to see you often!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 7th, 2005, 6:17 pm

Karen...WELCOME... :D ...I'm so glad you joined us...and 5lbs is awesome.... :yes: ....you will reach your goal...just believe in yourself & come here often for support.....my best to your on this journey we are all in together.... :thumbup:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 7th, 2005, 7:43 pm

Donna......Is that a new ticker you're wearing? I like it.....nice and flowery!
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby doglover » April 7th, 2005, 7:45 pm

I agree Donna - beautiful ticker! I love sun's too!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 7th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Dean...you keep me laughing..... :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

No pressure ...but I'd be curious at the ticker you would pick...if there was a colorful humerous one i'm sure you'd find it..... :lol: ...okay I think it's time for na na's...beddieby.... :snooze: ...catch ya in the a.m.... :yay:
Donna..dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 8th, 2005, 8:08 am

Hi Karen, Welcome to the forum. You will find this forum to be so encouraging, just reading all of the success on this board is such a help when struggling to stick with it.

Great job on the 5lbs. Keep up the good work.

DonicaB :D
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KareBear » April 8th, 2005, 11:08 am

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the nice words. For some reason, I'm having trouble with registration. I'll keep trying. I sure am enjoying reading everyone's posts. It's much more fun than the work that is piling up here on my desk!

TGIF.
KareBear
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 8th, 2005, 3:12 pm

dlr2424 wrote:Dean...you keep me laughing..... :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

No pressure ...but I'd be curious at the ticker you would pick...if there was a colorful humerous one i'm sure you'd find it..... :lol: ...okay I think it's time for na na's...beddieby.... :snooze: ...catch ya in the a.m.... :yay:
Donna..dlr2424

I looked at those tickers........I didn't see one that really fits my personality.....I was hoping for some masculine looking ticker......but alas.......I was disappointed :cry: At the very least they could have a drag strip background and a hot rod marker..........or maybe some sort of path leading to a medevil English castle with a hoard of marauding Vikings as the marker.........SOMETHING!!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 8th, 2005, 3:46 pm

Hi KareBear,
You can do a search on the forum here on "Aol" (without the quotes) and may find the answer to why you're having problems on the forum.

Here's one of the threads:
Aol Problems
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » April 8th, 2005, 4:07 pm

Dean ~

Here’s a race car for ya… :redprowl: You are hot to trot, Guy!

Hellooo and howdy doody to you, Kare Bear Karen ~

Welcome to the flab confab! :devious:

You are doing a great job – half a pound per day so far! I even loved it when I was having a Quarter Pounder weight loss per day! Can't beat that - I used to GAIN a quarter pound a day in my Before Medifast Days!

Yeah, this is really an awesome product – a little shaker jar of miracles. Like you, my shaker jar chased away the mental cobwebs and I love how I feel when I am shakin’!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.