Alpha Femme

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby alpha femme » June 7th, 2007, 9:23 am

:shock:
Last edited by alpha femme on July 1st, 2007, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » June 7th, 2007, 9:23 am

damn right! the only problem is all of my women want to go wih me. i'm not sure suggesting a group outing is such a good idea.

Imageit's PPG

DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS
DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » August 2nd, 2007, 10:30 am

i'm posting this here, because it's how i do it-- not how "it's done." a lot of people have a hard time getting back on plan and ask for advice.

one meal at a time doesn't work-- not to start the program (or restart). restarting is always harder, because you know that once you are on program you will lose weight-- so it's easier to justify putting it off. the reason one meal at a time works once you are in ketosis is because the genuine hunger is gone; it's just a case of staving off munchies. getting on plan is quite different.

try a 6+1 but make sure to pick vegetables with the lowest possible carbs. the extra protein and bulk will help. or do a 4+2. this is how i usually restart. it's pretty freaking painless; eat one l/g at lunch and another at dinner & end with a shake. the shakes (powdered) are the most filling mf product; it's one of the reasons the plan used to call for 3 shakes a day.

i've let myself stop whatever plan i've been on after dropping 100# and learned to maintain each weight for a few months, because it's a much easier for your body to make the transition and it allows your metabolism to recalibrate. there's a huge difference betwen the calories you can eat at 400# and what you can eat and stay 200#. right now, i'm able to eat pretty much whatever the hell i want and stay at the same weight. this will not be the case when i cut another 40-60# off, but by learning how to watch the fluctuation of weight and respond accordingly, i've learned to eat like "normal people"-- ie, cut back when you gain a couple pounds.

now i'm hopping back on to drop a couple sizes and see how i feel. this sin't for everyone, but people should be aware that part of avoiding the yo-yo is learning to listen and respond to the body. anyway... glad this is my journal, because lack of sleep makes me sound insane. try a 4+2 for a day or two if you have trouble getting into ketosis; after the second day, adhere to the plan without exception, and it's all good.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » August 2nd, 2007, 11:14 am

ugh. and after a year of mf food, i've figured out the secret to the pudding. i could make it ok before-- but it was never perfect. who knew the trick is to mix is with 4.5oz of water in the shaker cup-- but with a spoon. having less surface space than a regular makes it blend creamier. duh. i'm an idiot. but... we all knew that.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Karli » August 2nd, 2007, 11:31 am

Not an idiot :x :x 8)
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » August 2nd, 2007, 12:25 pm

I would think another way to make restarting easier would be to first get into ketosis by other means (*cough* Atkins *cough*) and then, when you're no longer hungry, start on Medifast. It's what I'd do, if I had to do it all over again. Hopefully, I'll never need that tip, though.

Glad to have you back, though, Alex.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » August 2nd, 2007, 2:49 pm

yeah, that's what the 4+2 essentially is. when i do that, my carbs are usually around 55-60, and i'm good by the end of day two.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » August 2nd, 2007, 7:56 pm

Hi Alex!

D
dede4wd

Postby Karli » August 4th, 2007, 6:30 pm

Alex, your post about how you start the program is very interesting and I am sure it is helpful for others. Thanks for posting it :).

How are you doing today ? Probably you are out being busy dancing or flashing some phone number sign in your car window to some hot lady -- but, you know, I'm just sayin' 8)
Karli

Postby alpha femme » August 5th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Hi, Miss DeDe. If you weren't so shy and easily embarassed, I'd say, "How you doin'..." :shades:

Luckily, Miss Karli (who is hotness), is here to absorb my shameless flirting. :grin:
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » August 5th, 2007, 4:15 pm

chest: 33"
waist: 35"
ass: 57 yards
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » August 9th, 2007, 4:30 pm

as i took a shower today, i realized that the 4 month maintenance stretch was one of the smartest things i could have done. it allowed my metabolism to recalibrate; it allowed me to get used to eating like "normal" people do (ie, cutting back when the scale goes up); it allowed the skin on my thighs to firm up a little. oh, yes, it's still loose and ugly, but it used to look like two sharpei puppies fighting. now, it's still loose, but it's not wrinkly and hideous (not that i'm wearing shorts any time soon).

my arms, on the other hand, have a good 4" of skin that dangle from each, so i just pretend i'm a commuter jet and those are my flaps.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » August 9th, 2007, 6:06 pm

Alex, I've missed your wit. :lol:
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby alpha femme » August 16th, 2007, 10:05 pm

so...

i love trucks and have owned two. then i needed more room because of my family status, so i started driving suvs. then, i... uh... well, filled the suv. know what i'm saying? right, then.

these days, i'm still overweight, but losing every day. i no longer have to cart around people's bay-bay kids or groceries for 8, and i'm thinking about getting a fun, frivolous car. a car that would force me to be seen-- but also allow me to have a good time.

unfortunately, it's been so long since i've been able to make a purchase with my needs as the sole factor that i have nO idea what i want. i'm torn between:

the cheap but cute vw beetle convertible
a bmw 328i (base)
mini cooper convertible
jeep wrangler unlimited
honda civic si sedan
honda crv (i drive one now)

any suggestions?
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Mike » August 17th, 2007, 12:30 am

You left out Dodge Charger/Chrysler 300 and the Nissan Altima Hybrid..... :mrgreen: (my favorite and the car Di wants in that order ;) )
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal