Almost at goal....FINALLY!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Almost at goal....FINALLY!!!

Postby TamiL » April 14th, 2005, 12:29 pm

Well...this has been a LONG road for me...but I am almost there...at my goal weight. I have had so many starts and stops....I have struggled alot with this program...sticking to it, but I NEVER GAVE UP...I never strayed for too long, because I knew if I just stuck with it..that I could get to where I wanted to be!!
I started at 185 pounds...lost 20-30 pounds in a few months right away...then I started seeing "what I could get away" with..as I always did on past weight loss journeys....its like I would get to a certain weight, then feel better...and tell myself I could handle a little of this and a little of that!! but no looking back now. I am 5 pounds away from my goal...today weighing in at 140 pounds....
I cant EVEN TELL YOU how much working out has helped me that last few weeks...its like the fat has just melted off my body (always my upper body first...not as much off my lower body as I would like!!)
but I am stronger....more fit and FEEL GREAT!! now Im getting ready to head into the maintenence phase....I have been researching it...getting prepared...and Im getting nervous as well!!
For all the new folks starting this......KEEP ONE THING IN MIND....if you cheat...if you nibble on things you shouldnt be...dont beat yourself up too badly..and go into a full fledge binge, just forgive yourself..and start again!! cheating here and there DEFINATLEY slowed down my progress...I have been doing this over a year!!! but the trick is to never give up!!
for those of you who have been on this forum with me since the beginning...youll remember how I was like a little kid...waiting for santa claus when awaiting the arrival of my medifast order...the UPS man would get a hug everytime I saw him!!! I knew this would be the answer for me, and sometimes I doubted I could do it..especially after all the times I cheated and felt horrible for it!! Do you remember my problems with the bars? OH MY GOSH...I ate a whole box of them almost one night!! and was so sick the next day...but I have learned that I will always have an eating problem..and that I must control what I put in my mouth..or the food will control me!! now that I am feeling better, looking better..I am better all around at my job, in my life....I want to live..and feel good about myself!!
now..its a race to that 135 pound mark...and I know myself..when I get there, I will want to be 130....I dont think we ever are truly satisfied with ourselves...especially us woman who have battled weight issues our whole lives!!! I will never have slim thighs...I am built thick..I will never have those breasts that I once had before yo-yo ing with my weight starting at 12 years old!! but this is me...and I can work at being the best I can be!!!
;) ;) ;) :-P :D
I think I will always have Apple cinnamon oatmeal and bannana blitz shakes for the rest of my life!! :) as snacks on my new eating plan.....
I couldnt have done this without this forum...without all of you....NANCY..MIKE...GERALD...CARRIE..NELLY...SHINEFACE...UNCA TIM...and the rest of you who supported me no matter what!!!
Heres to the pot of gold at the end of my rainbow....and to FITTING INTO MY 6-8 Jeans again....and wearing tank tops this summer!! :)
HERES TO crossing my legs, high heels...and my GREEN GOAL PANTS BEING WAY TOO BIG!!! lol!! those pants were what I used to measure my success this whole time!! they wouldnt even go over my hips/legs really when I started..then they were skin tight....now they hang off me!!
if I can do this.....YOU ALL CAN TOO!!! :mrgreen:
HERES TO MY SUMMER!!!

Tami :-P
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 14th, 2005, 12:46 pm

TamiL, what a great post. I have only been at this for almost 2 weeks (this time). I tried MF a year and a half ago and lost 25# in 2 months and then I did exactly what you talked about, I started seeing what I could get away with. However, I didn't go back, I just kept eating until I gained all of the weight back + a few more lbs.

I admire people who can stick to something for more than 2 months. I have yet to stick to any diet for more than 2 months. I am really going to need help when I get there because I always seem to fall apart and fail. I want to lose this FAT once and for all but my addiction to food always seems to prevail.

One difference is that now I have you guys. I have a real support group. I am so thankful for this forum and for people like you who help me to see it can be done. I can do this. I can succeed.

Thank you!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » April 14th, 2005, 1:02 pm

TamiL...........AWESOME JOB......I admire your perseverence!!!!!!! ....:yes: ......you deserve to enjoy every moment of your life....I'm so happy for you........ :thumbup:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » April 14th, 2005, 2:30 pm

TamiL - way to go girl! I am celebrating right there with you! Thank you for the post and thank you for being here and being inspirational to those of us still on the journey! You deserve BIG GREEN PANTS!

Stick with us even after those last 5 lbs are gone. Let us know what it is like being on the other side so we can race to join you there!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Helen » April 14th, 2005, 2:35 pm

Congrats!!!!!! This forum is great because rather than experience them ourselves at times we can learn from others. and you have told us a lot from your experience and that some set backs dont mean failure and we can all still succeed. again congrats and the best to you and enjoy your skinny summer!!!!
Helen
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 14th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Tami - What an inspiring post -- not just for new MF'ers but for everyone at whatever point in their journey. I remember reading your post about the bars :lol: and heeding the warning when I first started this program. Please know that your perserverance has served as a model for all of us who are still on our journey as you move to maintenace.

I am so happy to see you so close to your goal ... Just another week or two and you will be there!

:thumbig:

YIPPEEE!!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 3:46 pm

Kudos to you Tami! We are all proud of you. The advice you gave in your post was perfect. I love success stories like yours.

Smart idea you have there about the exercising now that you are close to goal. Lean muscle burns fat........no two ways about it. The more toned you get, the more your body will burn fat when you exercise. This will be a great aid when you are on maintenance.

Hope you have a wonderfully thin summer.........now go on out and get some new bathing suits......your gonna need em'!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

You are my story

Postby LilMsTexas » April 14th, 2005, 4:00 pm

Tami,
Everytime I read a post I compare that person's personal situation and status to my own. That way I know what I am gaining from their experience. You are absolutely the closest example to my own personal reality. I started at 186 and my goal is 135! Like you I imagine when I get there I will want 130 (just for good measure). I am 35 years old with a 12 year old and a 1 year old! I have not eaten a "meal" or even a "slice" of anything since I started the first week of March.........but I do things like eat a slice of cheese nearly daily, and I ate a single pepperoni off of my son's pizza last night. That is the extent of my "cheating" SO FAR, but reading your post makes me realize I am slowly but surely taking baby steps to the BIG CHEAT that may lay ahead. When I see that it took you a year to lose your weight I am scared I'll admit. I guess I'm wondering just how bad you went off program and for how long? Did you have quite a few stops and starts along the way? I guess I have it in my head that I can be to goal by the end of July if I can just hang in there? I am not a fast loser.........I don't expect more than 10lbs a month if I can manage that.........but by the end of July it will be 5 months on program and I am desperately hoping that will be long enough.

Can you share with me (us) where things went right and/or wrong. It's soooo important to hear the REALITY and the real struggle and not just all the GOOD NEWS we love to share with each other. I will personally appreciate anything you have to share. And please know how REALLY EXCITED I AM FOR YOU!! And oh my gosh........if I am wearing a 6-8 at my goal weight I may just pass smooth out!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheerleader:
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Re: You are my story

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 4:55 pm

LilMsTexas wrote:.............and I ate a single pepperoni off of my son's pizza last night.

I wouldn't worry too much about this LilMsTexas, it's the MARRIED pepperoni's that have all the calories.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........pizzzzzza......doh!

Dean
Dean0408

Dean you nut

Postby LilMsTexas » April 14th, 2005, 5:08 pm

OMG Dean ROFLMAO :roflmao:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby dlr2424 » April 14th, 2005, 5:22 pm

LilMs....I see you snuck right into the 160's... :wink: ....well God bless your little heart... :heart: ....the 20 club is right around the corner... :yes: ...i'll get my pompoms ready.... :cheerleader: ...
that Bootie is gonna look pretty bootielicious in those Rockies.... :yay:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » April 14th, 2005, 5:26 pm

God bless ya Donna..........you notice EVERYTHING! And you soooooooooooo rock for that!! Everytime I look at your picture I'm so envious of your tan and gorgeous smile 8) I'm so pasty white I scare myself in the dark sometimes :shock: I know the 20# club won't be this week for sure but by the end of the month I'm hoping! And thanks again for ALWAYS being such a great supporter.........YOU ROCK!! :kool:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby coco » April 14th, 2005, 9:18 pm

Congrats to Tami and Lil' Miss!!!
I completely relate to the cheating a little bit here and there thing...i eat a "little something" almost every day, whether it's a piece of cheese, a bit of peanut butter, or a bite of cookie or something...Totally NOT allowed, but then i telll myself it was ok since i didnt REALLY go off the program totally and binge (well most times)...arrrgh. Anyway, after a while kind of really off I am back on track, and trying to be as cheat-free as possible. Honestly, I have yet to be 100% perfect perfect perfect, but i'm close and I try to get there every day. I've been back on a few days and I was just trying on some k=skirts which I swear feel looser...prob just my imagination but it's encouraging anyway =) I too lost 20lbs pretty quicklyand have been floundering around losing really slowly and then messing up even more, losing back the excess, etc. for a long time now...I am definitely ready to lose the next big chunk of weight since i am not nearly to goal. I started MF-ing at the beginning of last may, so while i wont be at goal at my anniversary mark, i want to be down noticibly from where i am now, and on the way to where im going...thinsville!!!
~coco
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » April 15th, 2005, 12:41 am

Oh, Tami ~

Yabba Dabba Medidoo for you! :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader:

:coach: This is REALLY BIG NEWS!

I honestly got all teary-eyed and Unca, Terry and I are jumping up and down in the MakeMeThinner Cottage!
:yippee: :cheerleader: :yes: :bounce: :nana: :boing: :byebye: :jumprope: :smoke: :yay::yippee: :cheerleader: :yes: :bounce: :nana: :boing: :byebye: :jumprope: :smoke: :yay:

How wonderful that the GREEN PANTS ARE TOO BIG!!!

Tam, you are such a :heart: lovely :heart: loser.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Carrie » April 15th, 2005, 5:05 am

Tami Girl!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!

Talk about a day long coming and one you deserve many times over!

Way to go girl, you rock!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room