Alley

1 Thread per registered User.

Alley

Postby alley » June 27th, 2006, 1:09 pm

Well, my medifast stuff arrived yesterday evening while I was at work and was here to greet me when I got home. I looked through the stuff, read all of the materials (which was probably unnecessary considering how much time I've spent online checking stuff out) and headed to sleep.

This morning I thought about whether I wanted to do this today or not, since tomorrow I may be going to a baseball game and the likelyhood of me being able to stay away from garlic fries this early in the game seems dim. In the end, I decided to go ahead and start because 1) I don't even know if I'm going to the game tomorrow and 2) if I eat garlic fries tomorrow, so what! I've been eating like a maniac for so long that the possibility of having a handful of garlic fries tomorrow is nothing compared to the McDonald's and Ben & Jerry's I may want to eat today if I don't just commit.

I've given myself permission to cheat at that baseball game if it comes to that, providing that I make myself get back up on Thursday morning and start the plan again. Of course I will try to avoid it, but if at this point in the game I lose, then that's ok...as long as I go back on plan. I just have to remind myself: It wasn't only one order of fries that got me here...it was many, many orders of fries!

So anyway, I started the plan this morning and had a peach oatmeal. While it isn't quite Quaker's Instant, it is doable. I don't hate it, and it was filling. I made up some banana pudding to have ready in the fridge for when I get home from work tonight and I licked the fork after mixing it up just to get an idea of the taste before putting it away, and that tasted pretty decent. Once again, not up to Bill Cosby's standards, but I can hang. These two things were getting my hopes up on the taste of medifast.....then I had a strawberry shake.

My god. That was awful. I had no problem taking at least 15 minutes to drink that...I could've taken 3 hours! :shock: I made myself drink it though. I guess just doing the shake thing with water isn't gonna do it for me. I'll need to try things out with diet sodas as some people have mentioned....or else I'll just need to order a whole lotta banana pudding and oatmeal! :mrgreen:

My food plan for the rest of the day is to try out a carmel nut bar and a chicken noodle soup. Then a Lean and Green. Then the banana pudding when I come home.

Let's see how the journey goes!
alley

Postby Prancer » June 27th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Hey Alley! Good decision to start right away. Good for you!!

I like the strawberry shake. I actually make my shakes with the magic bullet (bought it at the same time I started MF) with a bit of water and a lot of ice. It is good that way. I'm sure you will find things that you like and dont like...to me that has all been info for future orders!!
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 27th, 2006, 2:03 pm

I never liked the strawberry shakes either. My favorites are swiss mocha and banana, but I'm weird!

Let us know how it goes!

DEFY the garlic fries!!! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels! The garlic fries will be there in moderation when we're done with this journey, except then WE will control the fries, the fries WILL NOT control us!

Have fun! Glad you started!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » June 27th, 2006, 2:05 pm

I would certainly suggest adding flavor to the shakes, if not ice. Usually I do a little of both. I add in the ice at the end when I have the water, shakes, and whatever flavor already whipped up.

I am not a huge fan of strawberry, but I can drink it just fine. I have it, but not much. When I do, I add in a little of a crystal light packet. Then, I add lots of ice.

COngrats for the chocie to start. You won't regret it.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby SharonR » June 27th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Hey there, I think we are almost neighbors! I'm in the Bay Area as well, the East Bay, Contra Costa County.

I don't like Strawberry either...yuck....

Chocolate, really cold is my fav. But the chocolate pudding is my favorite! Along with the chicken noodle soup and oatmeals...

Keep in mind the longer you are on the program the better everything will taste. Gotta get you into Ketosis before your taste buds change

Welcome and GOOD LUCK! Can't wait to hear about your success!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Bonnie » June 27th, 2006, 2:59 pm

I am so glad you got started!!!

You will get used to all the food and you will have your favorites. It is funny how your tastes change. I used to hate the strawberry and now I love it. My husband adds sugar free white chocolate syrup to it and blends it with ice in the blender. It tastes soooo good!!!

Nancy told me once that she would eat dirt if it would help her lose weight. The Medifast tastes good once you get used to it. Check out the recipes on line.

Keep us posted on your progress.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to My Journal