Hi All!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi All!

Postby Born to Run » January 31st, 2004, 1:48 pm

I just wanted to say hi and let you know I love this site. You all are so supportive and helpful and with your help I know I can succeed this time.

I am on day 5 of the modified plan. I haven't been too hungry, but have just wanted to eat something other than what is allowed. I am definitly an emotional/stress eater and am addicted to carbs., basically a junk food junky. However my new addiction is this forum!! It's helping me stay busy, and keep my mind off munching.

I'd like to lose about 70 pounds, but my first goal is to be able to wear my wedding ring again .... Ha! my husband would like that too. Unlike many of you I am afraid to weigh myself, I don't want to get discouraged if the pounds aren't falling off, so not sure when I will weigh in. Maybe when my clothes are a bit looser.

Thank you all for being such inspirations.

Born to Run
Born to Run

Postby finalstraw » January 31st, 2004, 2:16 pm

Welcome,

Beware of the :x days, they will come. When they come, come here. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby susan » January 31st, 2004, 2:20 pm

Hi born to run,
don;t be afraid to weigh If you stick to the program there is no way you will not lose you can do this it really does work.

I started at 231# and now I weigh 187 and going for 125#I have 62# to go and I am going for that wt. I know I can do it with this program and so can you. :) :) :)
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 31st, 2004, 2:42 pm

Welcome B2R,
Keep us posted. We're always here.
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Born to Run » February 1st, 2004, 8:27 am

Thanks guys! Yesterday was rough, I wasn't really hungry but I was shakey ... Ha! maybe from slurping all those shakes :lol: My friend thinks my blood sugar got to low, but I've been eating about every 3 hours almost to the minute! Any suggestions???

Also, was wondering how you know you are in ketosis?? I've read a couple posts that stated they were able to test for their ketosis level.

Hopefully today will be better. I'm not weighing today, but maybe next Sunday I will weigh in and post my loss too!

Thanks again!
B2R (aka Tina)
Born to Run

Postby finalstraw » February 1st, 2004, 9:03 am

RE: shakiness, are you consuming caffine? That gives me the shakes.

Ketosis, you can buy Ketone sticks at Walmart with the other diet stuff like Slimfast and Atkins, it is a little white bottle called Ketostix, expensive though. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Kimbob » February 1st, 2004, 9:54 am

Careful with the ketosis sticks, though. In "Success in a Shaker Jar" the author warns against testing for ketosis. The levels of ketosis are much milder in Medifast than in other low-carb programs, and the tests won't always show ketosis, when in fact you are there. She says you can get easily discouraged by false readings even when you've been perfectly on plan.

What you should look for instead is an increasing level of energy and a reduction in your levels of hunger. THEN you know you are doing well :)

Shakiness can sometimes come from low sodium levels. Try a cup of boullion when that happens (wyler's is the best! WOO HOO!). You'll find that it calms that shaky feeling right away.

Welcome aboard!

Kimbob the Bossy
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby susan » February 1st, 2004, 2:29 pm

hi Kimbob,
you are definately right about the ketois sticks I am losing but the sticks say negetive so I don;t worry about them as long as I drop every week .Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » February 6th, 2004, 11:27 pm

Dump the sticks. Save the $ you'd spend on ketostix for smaller clothing. Those first few days can leave one somewhat fatigued and shaky while your body is detoxifying. If you’re not used to drinking very much water that can also make you feel shaky when it washes out the excess sodium in your system - rest well, have the bouillon, limit caffeine and trust your body to do its thing – this is a clinically proven program.

Remember, you may have an extra shake any time you feel puny.

Gosh, how well I remember not weighing. I hadn't weighed for over a year when I started thinking about losing weight. I was afraid to weigh.

Then I walked onto one of those cattle scales at the doctor's office and was totally blown away :cry: when it said 265…the disgusting part was that the numerals were those huge blue digital jobs – everyone walking in the vicinity could read the numbers. Argh! Thought I’d croak right there near the nurse’s station.
:oops:
I made a mental note, “If I were a doctor, I’d have the scales located in a private room so that no one walking by could view the weight display.”

Trust us and trust the program – it DOES work, it will work for you, too and you will want to know exactly how many ounces of flab you are losing. Those first few days I felt deprived and I wanted to know exactly how much weight had been washed away! After a few weeks, the feeling of deprivation was gone and I felt so wonderful and I noticed the strangest sensation: my pants didn’t feel like they were second skin – they actually started feeling looser!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.