Hi y'all

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi y'all

Postby SkinnyMinnie » April 12th, 2005, 6:03 am

Just saying hi and glad to be here. My goal is 30 lbs in two months. I'm psyched and know I can do it! Thanks for having this forum. I love it!! :D
SkinnyMinnie

Postby raederle » April 12th, 2005, 6:22 am

Welcome-- love your screenname! (Reminds me of a good friend of mine, who was always thin as a reed; everyone called her Skinny Pickle! She hated it as a kid, but now doesn't mind so much... ;))

30 pounds in 2 months is certainly do-able; make sure you drink lots of water (if you can manage around 100 oz a day, that's ideal), get in your potassium and sodium (in MF FastSoups, or in bouillion or Morton's Lite Salt), and pop a couple aspirin if you feel a headache coming on in the first few days. It's much smoother sailing after the initial few days, so hang in there if you're still wading thru it! Most of all, come here a lot for support and to get questions answered-- this board is what got me through, every single day. Love these folks! :mrgreen:

Glad you found us!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby armeewyf » April 12th, 2005, 10:17 am

I have been sprinkling a little chiclen bouillion (sp) in my soups--could I be overdoing it on the salt and could therefore RETAIN water? Just checking, want to get those optimum results! Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 12th, 2005, 10:31 am

Hey there SkinnyMinnie --

Glad to have you. You might want to click on the link below and become a registered user of the MMT site; then you can set up your own profile, send and receive private messages, etc.

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/prof ... e=register

Armeewyf -- boullion can definitely make some people retain water ... since the sodium levels are so high in it. I personally see a difference in my scale when I have the MF soups (because I add boullion to them). But, I like the soups and have learned to realize that it's not true weight gain if I see fluctuations on the days after I am eating more salt. Kinda like when I wasn't MF'ing, if I ever ate chinese food - I would always retain a lot of water the day or two after.
scrabbler7

Postby armeewyf » April 12th, 2005, 10:39 am

Thanks Scrabbler...I am getting ready to make the soup-think I will jazz it up with pepper and nix the bouillion today and see if I can tell a difference. Another question...I put splenda and cinnamon in the oatmeal-neither of those would cause retention would they?
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 12th, 2005, 10:42 am

nope and nope :lol: I use splenda and about a tsp of sugar free pancake syrup in my MBS oatmeal -- makes it very lucious!

but remember, when you move from MF'ing to maintenance, there will be days that you have higher sodium intake and could see a diffference on that scale ... just something to keep in mind. That's kinda why I don't fret over the everyday weight and only look at the Sunday weigh in.
scrabbler7

Postby DonicaB » April 12th, 2005, 12:19 pm

Hi, Skinny Minnie. Welcome to the board. I think you will find this forum to be very resourceful. If you have any questions about MF, don't hesitate to ask.

DonicaB :wave:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » April 12th, 2005, 3:08 pm

Hi Skinny!
Welcome to the group!!
There is so much helpful support and information here that you always feel as if you have someone to turn to for whatever question you may have.
This is a great group! We look forward to getting to know you!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 5:14 pm

Howdy doody, SkinnyMinnie ~

Welcome to the party!

The others have already answered your question.

Scrabbler, :heart: love your attitude about the :water: water retention - there is no reason for us to get our knickers in a wad over water retention because we KNOW what it is and it will get flushed...eventually.

When we are in the beginning stages of our weight loss plan I know how every ounce makes such an impact on us psychologically. After a month or so, when people realize MF works and it is working for them, they deal better with the occasional weight loss slowdown or stall. Then when we get close to goal, we turn into :devious: psychotic wackos again because we have worked so hard, we have delayed gratification and we want it off because we don’t think we can :x stand another meal of it.

Just trust us when we tell you that if you are program-compliant, not scarfing forbidden foods or having little BLTs (bites, licks and tastes) along the way, your weight really truly pock-a-dooly WILL slip off.
Party on, Kids!
:toast:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 12th, 2005, 5:43 pm

Okay - I retracted it ........
scrabbler7

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 7:24 pm

Scrab, what did ya retract?

Your reply about water retention? It was fabulous!

I wish I had YOU to tell me that when I was thinnin'. I freaked out about the water so much. I didn't have you, the Forum or me to answer my questions and it took a long time to learn this stuf!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby want2Bthin » April 12th, 2005, 7:43 pm

Nancy wrote: water retention - there is no reason for us to get our knickers in a wad over water retention

Nancy-
You are such a hoot! :mrgreen:

Last week I only lost 2 pounds. I was a little disappointed. :cry: But after talking with Bonnie (HA) I was reassured that it was prob. water retention. It was hot here last week and guess what... I felt bloated. So now I am prepared for this in the future. We live and learn.

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 7:52 pm

Angelia ~

You are doing great! This getting thin stuff is :weightlift: HARD work! It sure does help to have someone to talk it over with. :goteam:

Some weeks are better in terms of weight loss than others and we can be doing exactly the same thing and not drop a pound. :huh: Weird, eh?

:secret: P.S. BonBon and I had a grand time last week in Victoria! :roflmao: We giggled, roared and snorted. :mrgreen:

It's what we do.

Because we can.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby dlr2424 » April 13th, 2005, 10:58 am

SkinnyMinnie.....WELCOME...I love the name...and in 2 months you'll really be a SkinnyMinnie...you can do it!!!!!! ....:yes:

Armeewyf.....my system holds onto weight so easily...... :x .....I had to really watch closly everything that was going in my mouth....I am so careful with the spices...as they do (according to nutritional facts.com) contain carbs...and a little sprinkle here...a little there...well at least for me it adds up to a slower weight loss...... :roll: .. ..but everyone is different...some can have the maximum allowable extras and still lose alot...so I would see what works best for you....
Keep shakin
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 13th, 2005, 6:58 pm

hehehe ---

Nancy - I wasn't retracting the water comment ... I mistakenly posted a reply to this thread - but it was meant for another ... so I just copied it from this one and placed it in the other. Then removed it from here.

Sorry to confuse everyone - I must just be in a confusing state of mind the past couple of days ... I must need a hot cocoa.

:hammerhead:
scrabbler7

Next

Return to Come on in.