Alittle offset occurred

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Alittle offset occurred

Postby Nite Izes » May 11th, 2004, 11:34 am

Sorry I couldn't back here any sooner.

I had an endoscopy May 5th and the sedatives they gave me had me whoosey since they took 5 unexpected biopsies with it that day. I am very sensitive to sedatives, anesthesics and certain meds. They also took "tons" of blood vials to update my bloodwork profile, to see if everything is ok. I have my colonoscopy rescheduled for May 19th, next week. Oh boy!!!

It has been a bit difficult to lose the weight right now. I am still at 269 due to the new meds that they started giving me. I am still following the program and have not cheated or been sidetracked. I hope they take me off it real soon, so I can continue my weight loss. I just didn't want to talk about it on the board and since there was no weight loss and felt alittle lost writing about it. I try my best to stay in compliance, but don't know what to do when certain unexpected thing like this med overrides what I am trying so hard to accomplish - weight loss.

I could not stop the meds and the MD told me I might gain some weight. Best thing is no weight gain, but also no weight loss. I should be off the med after the colonoscopy. It cause a bit of an offset in my journey, but I will continue and pick up where I left off to be a loser once again after all these test are done with. All I have now to do is the dreaded colonoscopy and back to losing.

Thanks Susan (Starloser63) for being so concern, I appreciate your prayers and support. You are a wonderful caring person.
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » May 11th, 2004, 5:02 pm

Does that medication cause water retention? If so, you will probably begin to lose that fluid in a hurry after you stop taking the meds. In fact, you probably are losing all along, it just doesn't show on the scale. You may be very happy with that scale in a weeks. Just give it time.

A friend of mine's sister just found out she has colon cancer. Getting that colonoscopy is one of the best things in the world you can do for yourself.

Hang in there!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room