Actual Lettuce amount for L/G ?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Actual Lettuce amount for L/G ?

Postby Karli » March 13th, 2009, 9:10 am

I wasn't sure where else to post this, so even though I am not asking about an actual product, I am curious about the program.

I know that the serving size for lettuces are 1 cup, but what does that mean exactly ? Is there a way to find out how many ounces is considered to be one serving size ? The reason I ask is because lettuce is extremely light and fluffy (as I'm sure we all know) and depending on how you put it in the measuring cup, you could accomplish a cup with like three tears of lettuce (okay, that *could* be a slight exaggeration ... hee hee), or if you smoosh it down it could be several leaves. You know ?

That's my question and I am sticking to it ! :-P
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » March 14th, 2009, 7:24 pm

That's a good question. I usually do half a bag of salad (too lazy to tear my own lettuce :lol: ) because a bag says it's 4 cups. That pops up over the top of a salad bowl a bit. But then probably your salad bowls are a different size than mine. Sorry! :(
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby nickieluv » March 14th, 2009, 7:25 pm

On the other hand - highly unlikely you could overdo lettuce and salad greens. So you're probably having enough.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby sidrah » March 21st, 2009, 3:30 pm

Just what I was going to add. Lettuce is like all water. You could do worse than ODing on lettuce. I never measuer it either- just fill the bowl with it
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss