about butterJust found this

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

about butterJust found this

Postby 340-6-pack » December 30th, 2007, 12:34 am

Just found this:

Pass The Butter ... please.

This is interesting – and YOU MAY ALREADY BE AWARE OF, as I was….. but if not – read on. . .

Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back. It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavorings.

DO YOU KNOW.. The difference between margarine and butter?

Read on to the end...gets very interesting!

Both have the same amount of calories.

Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 grams.

Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.

Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.

Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few
only because they are added!

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods.

Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years.

And now, for Margarine..

Very high in trans fatty acids.

Triple risk of coronary heart disease.
Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases the risk of cancers up to five fold.

Lowers quality of breast milk.

Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulin response.

And here's the most disturbing fact.... HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC.. as is artificial SUGAR.

This fact alone was enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).

You can try this yourself:

Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things:

* no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)

* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value ; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic.. Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?

Share This With Your Friends.....(If you want to "butter them up")!
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

340-6-pack
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » December 30th, 2007, 8:42 am

thanks steve :oops: some i knew, a lot i did not. I am not a margarine eater and after THIS, I never will be! :D

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby iammissruth » January 2nd, 2008, 1:41 pm

How does I can't believe it's not butter add up?
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Lucy » January 2nd, 2008, 9:32 pm

Paula Deen Loves you and so do I! Butter is a true addiction and my first love...thanksfully it is not jealous and has not mined being taken away for a spell!
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 2nd, 2008, 9:40 pm

iammissruth wrote:How does I can't believe it's not butter add up?

plastic that TASTES like butter! :roflmao: maybe someone should try the "garage test" and let's see what happens. I think that would be the FIRST time i would wish for flies... I LOVE i can't believe it's not butter, esp the spray!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Return to What's Shakin'