1st month - drum roll please:-)

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

1st month - drum roll please:-)

Postby LAwoman » April 1st, 2005, 8:12 am

Good morning MF losers,

WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! - 20 lbs. gone.
(Please indulge me this long post)

I just completed my first month on MF and dropped 20 pounds. :yay:
I feel so much better than I did 31 days ago, and I'm still amazed at how much easier it is to be compliant on this eating plan than every other diet I tried. Don't get me wrong, every once in a while I imagined the taste of some of my old ways. But that's the difference, I simply imagined it, thought about what it might taste like, remembered what it would feel like, and shook myself another shake.

I've been overwhelmed this month with working and school as I took on way more than I should have. For those of you who think you're too busy for MF, it's the other way around. I started joint-graduate programs a year and a half ago, while I work full time. I made no time for exercise (which I had always done in the past) and grabbed whatever convenient food was around ALL THE TIME. Granted, I was 180 when I started and wanted to shed 40 lbs., but instead I gained 50 lbs. - 50 POUNDS :shock:

This last month was my biggest crunch month of all and I'm sure all you losers can relate to this. It was easier and I felt better using MF than having to deal with, come up with, battle with, debate over, food. I finish all my schooling in July and hope to be at or very near goal by then so I can transition into the healthy, fit person we are all meant to be.

Last night I cracked myself up. (I've been doing that a lot with MF, that and talking to myself - should these "side effects" be on the MF labels)
ANYHOW, I am in an Aunt Flo is coming to town next week mode and had some of my old cravings. So I "PIGGED OUT" on...
MF shake
celery dipped in salsa
2 pickles
MF hot chocolate
...all in the span of two hours
:roflmao: (okay, maybe only I see that as funny, but I never in my wildest dreams would have thought all 200+ calories of that, which were on my plan for the day by the way would be pigging out.)
(and still lost one pound between yesterday and today)

I went and picked up two 10 pound weights and couldn't believe how much weight I just shed. Can't weight to shed the rest.

BTW - Congrats to all you other losers. Rae on goal, the Donna's for dropping those pounds, shrinking lady, 24K and lilmistexas, all the new members, and so many more of you that I've been reading.
I haven't had much time to post, but I've definitely popped on-line (great procrastinating tool) to follow all of your successes. I'm so happy and proud of all of you. And I thank you for sharing all your struggles and success which have been a great source of inspiration to me. And thank you Nancy and Martin for your source of wisdom, humor, and insight.

Since I'm starting my second month today, I'm adding daily walks back into my schedule today. Very excited, as I've missed moving around a bit more.

Here's to another great month for us all. :toast:

soon to be,
thininLA
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby doglover » April 1st, 2005, 8:34 am

YAHOOO LAwoman!!!! :yippee:

That is really great progress and I agree 100% that MF makes the "I'm too busy" excuse nil and void! It is so easy and I feel so good after a shake!

Nice job and thanks for sharing your story. We will all be successful together!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby raederle » April 1st, 2005, 8:34 am

LAWoman, you are *truly* beooming THININLA!!!!! 20 pounds is a TERRIFIC loss!!!! Woo-hoo!!!! :cheerleader:

I agree with you completely about "not having time for MF." I save SO much time by not having to worry about complicated shopping, meal planning, cooking, etc., that I don't know how people can make that lame-o excuse. And besides, if you can't make time for MF, something else is really the issue.... Anyway, I am so glad you were rewarded for all your hard work! It must be tough weighing only monthly (it would drive me nuts, but like Nancy, I'm an admitted scale-o-holic), but what a great surprise at the end of those 31 days.

You keep shakin' like this, and you will undoubtedly reach your goal and become the overeducated, ambitious, self-confident, healthy, active, and SKINNY person you want to be! :mrgreen:

Congrats!!!!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » April 1st, 2005, 8:55 am

Wow! Great news, great results, LAWoman! It's a great feeling to know that you've done something positive about your health, isn't it? Funny I think that's my main motivator this time around, rather than appearance (as it was in my vain youth). Congratulations, and we look forward to the next months' results with you.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 1st, 2005, 6:23 pm

LAWoman....you deserve a high five.... :thumbup: ...I am not only soo excited for you but amazed and impressed at your busy schedule!!!!...not to forget the perseverence..... :smoke: ..You Are Smokin!!!!!...Keep up the great work
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

thanx for support

Postby LAwoman » April 1st, 2005, 8:57 pm

WOW! Thanks for the support and encouragement. It honestly means a lot coming from such big "losers" like yourselves.

But I have to admit I do weigh myself EVERYDAY, and I track my weight WEEKLY. I want to track my MF intake, exercise and time of month for accountability and so I don't get discouraged when there are plateaus. It's amazing how much power we give the scale over our feelings, and we all have those fluctuations in weight, even when 100% compliant. So I'm only going to acknowledge each months' loss. (Plus it's such a great feeling to think, hey, I just dropped 20 lbs, in one MF month.)

"You keep shakin' like this, and you will undoubtedly reach your goal and become the overeducated, ambitious, self-confident, healthy, active, and SKINNY person you want to be"

HA - Rae, at this stage I think overeager and foolish, but I'll definitely take the SKINNY part. ;)

I've noticed all your weight losses over the weeks. In fact there's been so many incredibly successful people here it's impossible to name you all. But I look forward to reading your losses this Sunday on roll call.

soon to be,
thininLA
(I can't wait to sign off as
finally,
thininLA)
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » April 2nd, 2005, 10:08 am

LA...I'm happy to say I don't weigh everyday....I've conquered that obsession....as I was a scale-aholic....however, there isn't a thing that touches this toungue .....a ounce of exercise completed.....a TOM or mood experience that isn't recorded in my Medifast Journal...I guess I just exchanged the scale obsession for the journal obsession....(for me... the journal doesn't send me into the blue zone all day like the scale could)
Keep shakin
Donna..dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 2nd, 2005, 4:28 pm

I have to admit, after 4 days on the plan after quitting for 2 weeks, I weigh every morning ay 6am. I record it in my diary along with what day of the diet it is and all my food and what time I eat. I guess because I am in the early stages where you lose every day, my daily weigh ins are encouraging! I feel more dedicated to the diet knowing I lost 2 pounds in 24 hours, for instance. Maybe this will change, but for now I like my daily weigh.

234/220
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to The Weight Room