170 pounds in 9 months?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

170 pounds in 9 months?

Postby nyc*girl » July 17th, 2007, 8:53 pm

I found this on a few sites and I have to question if it is reasonable. 9 months and 170 pounds. That seems impossible. Is it because of breast feeding? I just cannot see this as a possibility. I guess it is possible, but I just have a hard time with this. I do see some lost 140 or 150 in a year. OK. But, is there something different after pregnancy that makes a difference. I saw she worked out for 2 hours a day....Maybe it was just working off the minimal calories comsumed? I am not being negative, but I just can't really understand this.

Also, would someone starting heavier than that 330 lose more quicker since there is a drop in daily intake and thus it is harder to maintain current weight.

Ideas or comments?

Nnedi Uzowihe - Medifast is so easy - just shake and drink!

I gained a lot of weight while pregnant with my first daughter. I was placed on bed rest and gained 70 pounds during the pregnancy, which put me up to 330 pounds. Three months post-delivery, I decided to do something about my weight. I had seen an ad about Medifast and I decided to give it a try, boy I’m glad I did.

In 9 months, I lost a total of 170 pounds. My energy went way up and I was never hungry.
nyc*girl

Postby nickieluv » July 18th, 2007, 4:46 am

It does sound astonishing, but then that's probably why her story was chosen to be featured. I think it falls under the heading of 'results not typical' or 'everybody's different.' But MF DOES give amazing results!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » July 18th, 2007, 7:45 am

You said it was on a few sites ... she posted it herself, or was it chosen to be featured, as Nickie said? I'm guessing it's just something she posted and that she's an HA trying to sell. Because it does sound unlikely (and working out for two hours a day while on the program is not recommended and would appear to be pretty dangerous).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tawanda » July 18th, 2007, 7:51 am

She and her story have been in the Quick Start Guide, in the MF success book and in magazine articles. She did an excellent job of taking the weight off in a short span of time. I imagine that since some of that was baby weight and from being on bed rest that her results were greater than most of us would have been at the same weight but not in those same life circumstances.
Last edited by Tawanda on July 18th, 2007, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » July 18th, 2007, 12:31 pm

Nnedi is a great success story. There are many others on here that have similar results... they were compliant and are very healthy.

Look at the stories of Nancy, Serendipity, TonyR, bdg, etc. ( I know I am missing alot, but just trying to outline).
All of these wonderful people were compliant, lost the weight, and have been maintaining the loss. They are healthy.

Nancy lost 135 lbs in 7 months
Jo lost well over 100 lbs in about that time.
TonyR lost 160 lbs in 10 months
bdg lost 190 lbs in 11 months or so and is still losing

So, yes, these are true stories of people on this particular forum.
You can do it. I wish I had been more strict with my plan, I might be at goal now. I still stick with it though. 185 total thus far (75 with Medifast).
Yes, typically you lose a bit faster in the beginning when you have more to lose at first. It evens out eventually as the margin decreases.

Hope this helps.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jan » July 18th, 2007, 4:06 pm

Hi there,
I've read the story also .. it is true. She is a "poster child" for MF. Remember we all lose at our very own rate .. some faster and some slower. One hundred and seventy pounds in 9 months is about 18 pounds each month. That's possible. Most individuals lose 10 - 20 pounds each month. Some of us are on the higher end .. some on the lower. There are lots and lots of factors that affect our weight loss. But, if you want to be on the high end ( body willing :mrgreen: ) , you must be very very compliant. Plus being very very compliant insures that it is a safe weight loss. Your body would just as soon burn it's muscle for protein.... we don't want you to do that.
Follow the program exactly ... I know Nancy did with terrific results.
Now as to the breast feeding. We do not recommend women who are providing most of the nutrition for their baby use our program until they are done breast feeding. They simply do not get enough calories. Plus many are still on Pre-Natal vitamins and we don't want to "overdose" them on fat soluable vitamins. So to answer your question... nope it wasn't breast feeding that did it ... just good old compliance :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » July 18th, 2007, 8:13 pm

Jan wrote:Plus many are still on Pre-Natal vitamins and we don't want to "overdose" them on fat soluable vitamins.

Jan - is this something I should be worried about? I'm taking a prenatal constantly because I thought all women of childbearing age should be. I wanted all my levels to be good the instant I'm pregnant again. Could I be harming myself or hurting my weight loss in any way? I've been on prenatals the entire time I've been on MF.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jan » July 18th, 2007, 9:51 pm

Hi Nickie,
I'm sending you a pm ... but certain vitamins are stored.. and excesses are not excreated. Other vitamins are water soluable and if we get tooo much we simply have "expensive urine" :mrgreen: The fat soluable vitamins do have toxicity levels. Generally MF provides all the vitamins you need. When you do become pregnant your Dr. will then prescribe the correct vitamin and of course you won't be on the MF program.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Lauren » July 19th, 2007, 6:30 am

Hi, NYC Girl, I'm an NYC girl too! Not my screen name, but it is my life!

As others have already said, this story is indeed true, but it should serve to motivate you to work the program, not function as a guide for how fast you will see results. Everyone loses differently, and the speed of loss is based on so many variables, not the least of which how recently (and quickly) the weight came on, as there is a tendency for people to be able to quickly drop weight that most recently came on. I don't know that there's a science for it - it just seems that the weight hadn't yet set up permanent residence, they were subletting! :-)

But the weight loss can be dramatic, and regardless of speed, it is amazing to watch ourselves shrink each week/month. I started on November 10, 2005, lost 100 pounds by week 28 (just shy of 7 months), had lost 150 pounds just shy of the 1 year mark, and hit my original goal just a few short weeks later (156 pounds originally lost at that point). I've essentially been maintaining (and losing about 10-12 more pounds) since hitting that goal on 11/30/06, so nearly 8 months.

So many others have similar success stories, and while our journeys may differ, we can all agree we're in a much better place today than we were before we began!

Good luck to you!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Mike » July 20th, 2007, 9:18 pm

How did I forget to mention our Lauren :roll: ... sorry girl. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lauren » July 23rd, 2007, 6:35 am

Ha! Mike, I wasn't feeling left out, I swear! I just want newbies to hear as many stories as possible, so they can see that it's the norm to be successful, there are so many of us here who have reached their goals!

Cheers!

Lauren
Lauren

Return to The Weight Room