DogMa

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: DogMa

Postby DogMa » December 20th, 2010, 6:26 am

Hi, Chy! Yes, I've been dealing with a pelvic stress fracture since the end of July. No exercise of any kind for three months, and I'm still very limited. No running, only a limited amount of walking, etc. Sigh.

Given how slowly I lose weight - and how quickly I'm gaining it right now - I think 14 pounds sounds great. And isn't that 14 pounds in just over a month? That's not slow at all!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » December 22nd, 2010, 8:30 pm

Hi Robin! I hope that you are still making positive progress towards a 100% recovery.

I have a question? Thought you may have some insight on it. I started Medifast again on Nov.12th, so i've been on it for a month and a few days or so. For the last week and a half i've been UNUSUALLY cold. I just can't seem to get warm. My hands and feet have been icy cold, but mostly my feet. I wear 2 pairs of socks, a sweat suit doing the day and STILL can't get warm. My question is do you think it could be Medifast related? I just can't wait to take my hot showers and get under my electric blanket at night to help me warm up..lol! Also, the temperature is set at 70 degrees in the house.

I thought there was a conference call tonight at 8:30pm with Dr. Anderson so i could address this matter to him or his colleague, BUT there wasn't...just kept getting recorded music. Any help from you or anyone else who my read your journal and see this would be TRULY helpful to me.

Thanks Robin~
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » December 23rd, 2010, 2:24 pm

Geez, I don't know. I get that way sometimes, too, but I never know why and eventually it passes. Maybe it's hormonal? I was definitely colder than normal when I was losing on Medifast, though. The lack of calories or slower metabolism, probably. Do you walk or anything? Maybe that'd help get some blood to your feet?
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby ChynnaDoll » December 23rd, 2010, 9:24 pm

Thanks Robin for getting back to me quickly:+) I haven't done any exercising as yet but will try walking like you suggested and see what happens!! Ya know when i think about it, you may be right about the low caloric intake as being a possible factor. I'll keep'ya posted...Hugs~
ChynnaDoll

Postby jadedfrog » December 29th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Cold is also a sign of thyroid issues. Soy products have a love/hate with your thyroid. I would suggest upping your iodine intake... I am a thyroid patient, it may help.
jadedfrog

Postby katieb920 » January 2nd, 2011, 7:54 am

Hey Ladies....

I think it is very common, the coldness I mean. I go on other websites and they say the same thing. Think of it this way you are losing all that fat that was insulating your body... I get very cold
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » January 3rd, 2011, 11:28 am

Hi Robin! Hope you are still progressing well these days. Thanks jadefrog & Katie for that insight. I just had a physical and the thyroid was alright, so maybe the fat that's dissolving issss the reason Katie...plus i have started walking on my treadmill working up some sweat, and the last few days the coldness seems to have minimized a bit..hummm!..plus i ate some chicken noodle soup too for a few days...soooo anyhoo, we'll see!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL :o
ChynnaDoll

Postby DogMa » January 13th, 2011, 8:59 am

Being on a low-cal diet also lowers your metabolism, which can make you colder.

Sorry, been gone a while. I had to go to California on Christmas Day because my uncle was in the ICU, and then I wound up staying a week and a half because he died on the 29th. Food was crazy, workouts were a little sporadic at the very end of the trip, etc., but I think I'm back on track now. And now that I can finally sneak some jogs into my walking - and walk regularly again - hopefully I'll get myself back down to goal.

Got my follow-up MRI results this week. The fracture line is still evident, but there's no more edema, so it's still not fully healed, but it's getting closer. Did a race Saturday and jogged (slowly) one minute out of every five, with no pain afterward, so it's a start.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Unca_Tim » January 13th, 2011, 11:39 am

Hi Robin,
:wave:
So sorry to hear about your uncle but glad to hear you're coming along physically.
The best to you in the new year....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby DogMa » January 15th, 2011, 10:23 am

Thanks, Tim.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby katieb920 » April 11th, 2011, 8:45 am

Hey girl,

Just checking in on you? How is your running coming along. How is the weather in Texas. today is the first day that it is the 80's so I am actually going to take my dog out for a walk.

Hope all is well
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » May 2nd, 2011, 1:45 pm

Geez, it's been so long that I had to figure out my login again!

Hi, Katie. I'm doing OK, more or less. The pelvis took forever to heal, and just when I finally graduated from the treadmill to the track, I injured my heel. It's now three months later, and I was finally doing better (but never did get a good diagnosis) - joined a new running group and ran 5 miles the first time out with them. Then on Saturday, the people in pace group weren't going to be there so I ran on my own - and ran too fast, and ended up unable to walk the past couple of days. I'm hoping it's just a brief setback and I'll be back out there by Saturday, and I have a podiatrist appointment next week for a second opinion on the heel. I'm pretty sure it's another stress fracture; my ortho insists it's plantar fasciitis, even though it doesn't fit the symptoms at all (I should say my FORMER ortho; he refuses to even consider the possibility that it's something else).

Anyway, how are you doing?
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Previous

Return to My Journal